[HNW] hoops, frames, and other tensioning devices

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Nov 22 18:54:02 PST 2005

I use some very nice oak, circular hoops (purchased some time ago in
Sacremento), because I like the even-all-the-way-around tension that I can
get with them (helps keep the threads straight, and I mostly do
counted-thread work).
If I were to do something on which I'd need to watch that the embroidery
didn't get crushed (such as goldwork), I'd probably use some sort of
supported slate frame.
--Sue