[HNW] hoops, frames, and other tensioning devices

Rikke D. Giles rgiles at centurytel.net
Tue Nov 22 20:38:20 PST 2005

On 2005.11.22 14:58, Susan B. Farmer wrote:
> What do y'all use to stitch with?

I have a slate frame, which I use for those intensive things that
will take a while.  I love it.  I need to get more bars and such for
it.  They are hard to get here; I got mine when I was visiting
England and will order other bars from England, I think, or make my
own.

I like Q-snap quilters frames for many things.  They are easy for
traveling and hold pretty good.

I also use the wooden frames that fit together and then you tack down
the material with tacks.   I like those almost as much as my slate
frame.

I haven't used a circular frame in forever.  Dunno why, I just always
reach for one of the rectangular ones first.

Ohh and I use those scroll frames from time to time.

Cheers,

Rikke