[HNW] hoops, frames, and other tensioning devices

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Thu Nov 24 06:20:31 PST 2005

Hi,
I posted one answer, but i didnt see it get trough.
I use a slate roller floor frame. It is designed to be tilted in any
direction you want to work. I use it on all my waistcoat or jacket
embroideries. Its a cheap one i got from Barnyarns in Scotland, and i am
very pleased with mine. Wich kind of wood its made of i dont know.
My frame is about 50 cm. wide and 75  cm long.
For small projekts i use a wooden hoop frame. I have seen some bigger and
more oblong hoops in my embroidery shop also of wood, and i wonder if they
are good.
My old hoop is many years now, and i think i aught to clean it. But i wonder
what i should use to clean it, as i suppose water will ruin it.
Any suggestions?

Bjarne