[HNW] Re: Slate frame

cahuff cahuff at clearviewcatv.net
Fri Nov 25 10:15:32 PST 2005

At 12:05 PM -0600 11/25/05, h-needlework-request at ansteorra.org wrote:

>I dont know the names for things in english sorry.
>But the frame is rectangle. On the long sides it has round "pegs"? with a
>strong wowen band, on wich you sew your fabric on. On the other sides, it
>has "pegs" with holes in them so that you can make sewing stitches to the
>fabric.
>I can roll the long bars to tighten the fabric, and also roll more fabric on
>if the fabric is wider than the frame. These are screwed tight.
>The link for my frame is here:
>http://www.barnyarns.com/customer/home.php?cat=1048

Ah Thanks. All is now clear...Now I just need to find a friend near
by with one to try it out before buying. I'm sorta addicted to hoops,
yeah I know  not historic, but friendly for my body. I used a small
roller frame sans stand once and it was OK sorta...I think the stand
is needed...
Ta
Carol
--
Creative Clutter is Better Than Idle Neatness!