[HNW] Re: In pictures: Medieval London

SNSpies@aol.com SNSpies at aol.com
Tue Nov 29 06:36:27 PST 2005

The  mitten *is* knitted. They're a muddy brown, impossible to tell if
they  were white or brown originally. The small decorative band is
actually  purple, not  black, probably dyed with lichens.  Oddly
enough,  they're knitted from the top down.

Deborah, how can you tell, when looking at a completed mitten like this,
that is was knitted from the top down?
Thanks.

Nancy

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Nancy  Spies
Arelate Studio
_www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html_
(http://www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html)

Save  the earth; it's the only planet with chocolate.

"But if by 'Liberal' they  mean someone who looks ahead and not behind,
someone who welcomes new ideas  without rigid reactions, someone who cares about
the welfare of the people --  their health, their housing, their schools, their
jobs, their civil rights, and  their civil liberties -- someone who believes
we can break through the stalemate  and suspicions that grip us in our policies
abroad, if that is what they mean by  'Liberal,' then I'm proud to say I'm a
'Liberal'." John F. Kennedy, 14 Sept 1960