[HNW] Knitting book

Catherine Olanich Raymond cathy at thyrsus.com
Sat Dec 2 20:42:19 PST 2006

On Saturday 02 December 2006 2:51 pm, Sue Clemenger wrote:
> Thanks for the input! I'd always been under the impression that she was
> nearly impossible to find, and I've always wanted a copy.  Not just for
> acquisitional purposes (my library's NEVER too big! ;o), but because she's
> considered a tad controversial in some circles, and I wanted to be able to
> check her out for myself, and come to my own conclusions.   If nothing
> else, she'd be more likely to be *less* Anglo-centric, and I'd love some
> more sources on knitting and textile arts from the rest of Europe! ;o)

No problem.

The book *is* hard to find if you don't go to the source, so I figured I'd
spread the news about how.  :-)

By the way, somebody is selling one of her other books, the book on the
history of wool felting, on Ebay for $29.95 plus $6 postage for shipping.
That's a bit more expensive than the Institute is selling it, but since the
seller is based in Poland it probably wouldn't arrive any faster than a book
bought from the Institute directly.

--
Cathy Raymond <cathy at thyrsus.com>

"A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point
of doubtful sanity."  --Robert Frost