[HNW] ribbon embroidery

Bjarne og Leif Drews drewscph at post12.tele.dk
Sun Jan 8 12:16:18 PST 2006

Dear Susan,
This summer i looked at a beautifull ribbon embroidered womans bag at
Nordiska Museet in Stockholm. It was dated 1745.
The swedes took up a great deal of trade with China in the 18th century, and
i believe it was imported from there.
At the Kensington Pallace exhibition of court costumes i looked at a mans
suit embroidered all over with ribbon embroidery. But this was a little
later, 1780.

Bjarne