[HNW] Re:Stuart Embroidered Caskets or Chests

ianruadh@zonnet.nl ianruadh at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 8 22:42:43 PST 2006

Dear Susan,
I assume that the construction under the embroidery will be made of wood. Thinking of the quality of the
embroidery and keeping in mind that this piece must have belonged to the better situated in society, the
woodwork must therefore be a equal quality. The best way of learning more about the construction of such a
chest is to contact the museum. The will know more. And if they don't, something which I doubt, than they will be
able to name somebody who wil know more.

Yours sincerely:

Johan Terlouw