[HNW] Re: H-needlework Digest, Vol 32, Issue 10-question

noramunro@aol.com noramunro at aol.com
Tue Jan 17 10:27:26 PST 2006

 The notion of an 'X-foot rule' is common among re-enactor/recreationist types and means basically that something looks acceptably close to 'period' from a distance of X feet (where X = whatever distance an outside observer may be from the item in question).   In the case of my poly fleece lined wool cloak and hood (14th c style, I should specify), people have gotten quite close (within 3 feet) without noticing or commenting on the lining.

Alianora
Dame Alianora Munro, OL, Atlantia
the website: http://hometown.aol.com/noramunro/Chateau/index.htm
the blog: http://damenora.diaryland.com