[HNW] cotton fleece

Radei Drchevich radei at moscowmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:01:58 PST 2006

Cotton is very labor intensive.  slavery and open spaces made it more
profitable in the US, not as many slave were shipped to england.  I live
in zone 7, cotton fields can be found 30 miles north of my home.  All of
england is zone 8 or 9.  Amsterdam is zone 7, France is zone 7-9, Italy
is zone 8-9, and some coastal area zone 10<tropical Florida type climate>
you can grow bananas there<they don't, but you can>.

IMHO, everyday things tend to be forgotten, because "everyone knows about
that".  only the special things survive. look at Pompeii, lots of things
showed up there that no-one had guessed had been around.  More so in
Hurculenium<the port of Pompeii>, where the merchants lived

Duty?????

I have sent and recieved packages worldwide.  Last year, a box of
antiques from China, NO Duty.  2 Years ago Diamonds, and other gems from
Thialand, no duty.  in july I got a box of opal from British Columbia
Canada, no duty.  3 years ago boxes sent to england, south africa,
phillipines, Malta, The Neatherlands, Sweden, Brazil, Canada, and
recieved from the same, no duty.

I get marizipan and chocolates every year from Belguim, no duty.  The
Roman coin I gave to the Baron christmas 2004 shipped from england the
week before, duty free. same week I recieved 12 coins from Cyprus, duty
free.  The list goes on for at least the last 10 years, some listed as
gifts, others shipped by merchants.

I think maybe you got a dirty customs clerk.  only time I have
encountered import duty was if bought for resale, and usually not even
then unless you buy a very large quiantity.

just my experiences.  FYI:  Dale Elliott, Owner, "Red Road Trading
Company, Inc"  since 1985.  Did the Native Norath American Pow-Wow
Curcuit for more than 15 years.  Company still exists, but not actively
at this point<my health doesn't permit>

temp : IIRC they believe 4 degrees C, worldwide.

joy

radei