[HNW] cotton in SCA period

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Tue Jan 17 18:39:55 PST 2006

I just remembered a Spanish princess whose burial outfit was linen trous
with a drawstring, a cotton tunic, and a lovely woollen surcoat, striped red
& yellow, I think. There used to be a website up detailing her clothing -
13th century, I believe. I was stupid enough to not back up my computer and
lost the link (and the report, which I had copied to word) but maybe the
description will ring a bell. or if you're interested, I can contact my
baroness, Mistress Margret, and see if she still has her information - she
wove a copy of the surcoat one year for display.

working from memory,
Hrothny
(for a giggle if you use 'Outlook', type 'surcoat' into your message text
and then see what the spell check tries to make of it. My, my, not a safe
thing to have after all!)