[HNW] looking for ... quilting

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 18 05:17:34 PST 2006

Speaking of quilting, a number of the kaftans in the Ottoman exhibit at the
Sackler Museum are channel quilted.  The width of the channels varies; some
are very narrow.

Many of the kaftans are appliqued, and the workmanship is so fine that it
can be impossible to tell from photographs that the patterns are not woven
into the fabric.

I must have overlooked the first message - was that Sarah Davies that you
were trying to contact?

At 12:00 AM 1/18/06, you wrote:

>I don't think Sarah is on this list any more, but I have passed your
>message along to someone who may be able to get in touch.
>

>Thank you so much, Annette.  I really would like to get in touch with
>Sarah with regard to her research on quilting.
>
>Nancy

Carol & Darkness

I shouldn't make sweeping generalizations, but we all do it.....
         - Anonymous button