[HNW] cotton fleece

Satine De La Courcel ladysatinedelacourcel at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 21:17:07 PST 2006

>From: <ealasaid at cox.net>
>To: Historic Needlework <h-needlework at ansteorra.org>
>Subject: Re: Re: [HNW] cotton fleece
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:02:27 -0500
>
>Satine,
>
>This website:
>
>http://www.goldenstag.net/MiscSCA/KingdomColors.htm
>
>has the Kingdom Arms, Populace Badges and Ensigns, in color for most, if
>not all, the SCA Kingdoms.  They aren't embroidery patterns, but can easily
>be printed off and made into patterns.

Thank you!

>If you go to http://www.sca.org , from there to you can find a link to each
>kingdome's website.  Each Kingdom should have a link to their Heraldry
>page, and there should would find pictures of all their award batches and
>other assorted stuff.

Thank you! I know there is also one out there for Kingdom Hearaldry listed
on teh Midrealm page It has MK awards and patterns For Laurel, Pelican,
Knight, baron/ess, Duke/Duchess but its for Machine embroidery..  and If I
read it right Cross stitch which I do not currently do maybe someday .. I am
silly enough to do it all by hand.. I figure being a beginner I need all the
practice I can muster...

>There is a website out there somewhere that has line drawings of each
>kingdom arms, but I can't find it at the moment.  If I find it on my home
>computer "Favorites"  list, I'll post it.

In My travels about the net, Before I asked for help. I think I know what
site you are talking about...

I do have another Question for everyone here...( I am full of the, Sorry
guys it does come in spurts though!)

I do what I call embroidered gems on my Byzantine Garments however I have
heard it is and it its not beriod... I am at a loss.. I learned a year ago
pre sca days and am unable to verify/refute its  periodness.   I do my
original outline of the Gem with a stem stitch, then count every two
stitches and  do a little loop and again until the "gem" is held in place...
Pull tight and it forma a netting or webbing effect aboyt the Gem and keeps
it into place.... And it looks really cool...

Thank you in Advance for your help/guidance and Patience

In Service

Satine

to offer.
first two months FREE*.