[HNW] gems

Terri Morgan online2much at cox.net
Sat Jan 21 07:46:53 PST 2006

> There are excellent pictures of the coronation garb at
http://rubens.anu.edu.au/raider4/austria/vienna/museums/schatzkammer/palermo
_robes_12thc/
> All of the gem settings (that weren't hidden by
> rows of pearls) seem to be standard metal mounts.
> -- Mathilde Eschenbach

You're right, and these aren't the items I was thinking of. That's what I
get for going by memory. Darn! I have no idea how I'm going to find the
clothing I had been thinking of - the records (and name) are lost on my old
dead hard drive.
   Thank you for correcting my statement and finding such lovely online
photos of Roger II's garb. I have a new 'favourites' entry. And all I have
to do now is shut down the "what the heck was it then" recording I'll be
hearing in my head for the next few days (unless I do happen to remember.
That'd be nice.)

Hrothny