No subject

Sun May 28 09:43:46 PDT 2006

has quite a few pictures, many in colour, and is a quite straitforward read.
Depending on the reading age of the person involved, they might find the text a
little 'dry' though.  Her general scholarship seems quite good IMHO but she does
occaisonally get some of the finer details wrong.  (As in her comments about the
Tristan 'quilts' which we discussed a while back.)

There are other books which go into more detail about specific times, regions
etc, but I thik this is the best 'general' title specific to the period that I
have read anyway.

Andrew
Sydney, Australia
(SCA - Bartolomeo Agazzari)