No subject

Sun May 28 09:43:46 PDT 2006

Ontario Museum fell through.  I had heard from one of the conference
attendees that the reason for this is that they have cut their textile
department from 16 staff members to 2, so it wasn't entirely surprising,
but it was a disappointment.  I did have a lovely time in Toronto, though,
and hope that I'll be able to go back to see the textiles there some other
time.  They did send me a copy of their catalogue, which contains a number
of pecularities of description and date (as do most institutions which did
their collecting in the nineteenth century), but which indicates that they
hold a number of very interesting textiles.