[HNW] Smithsonian's National Museum of American History

Cozit / Liz imcozit at verizon.net
Sun May 7 07:14:50 PDT 2006

I *think* that I remembered to let you all know that the museum is
closing for renovations in September.  I just wanted to add that there
are many exhibits closing before that, in preparation (there are quite a
number remaining open through Labor Day as well).

The Textiles Hall *is* closing this month, although a specific date
hasn't been given yet.  Finally found the lists of closing and
not-closing on the web.... but I *have* noticed that the closing soon
list doesn't *quite* match up with what I got in my docent e-mail
(sorry, deleted it...but remember the list as longer... may have
included a few specific items from other exhibits or something...).

Closing before September 4th:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibition.cfm?key=38&exkey=792#closing

Remaining open until the museum closes end of day September 4th:
http://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/exhibition.cfm?key=38&exkey=792#open

Oh.. and the older First Ladies dresses *are* scheduled to be removed
from public view some time in July.

-Elisabeth