[HNW] silk thread/floss question

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Sat Aug 4 18:21:00 PDT 2007

Dunno.  Probably depends on the embroidery floss--there are an awful lot of them out there.  I've got some Gutterman silk thread that I'm going to be using to do some very fine needlepoint (or perhaps cross-stitch) with, but I do almost all of my monochrome embroidery with a single strand of Soie Crystale needlepoint silk which, IIRC, is 12-stranded.  It's about the same thickness as a single ply of DMS floss.  I could definitely see using other types of floss or thread, depending on the piece I was making....the Gutterman might be really handy for very fine details, since it's quite fine.
--Maire/Sue