[HNW] silk thread/floss question

ladyrose42 at comcast.net ladyrose42 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 06:52:49 PDT 2007

Pearsall's is available from Tristan Brooks in America. It is a British produced thread.
I believe it is a filament silk - it  has a nice shine. It is definitely more slippery than non-filament silk and regular floss.Requires just a little bit more care in stitching to keep the tension when first getting started,. Doesn't have the fuzzies you get with non-filament silk.
Both Pearsall's and Leon Conrad have come out with black silk done in different weights to eliminate plying your strands to get the coverage needed. Using a single ply makes the finished product look much better and the stitching easier.
Dorothy
From: "S CLEMENGER" <sclemenger at msn.com>

They also have some that's the diameter of ordinary sewing thread.  I've got it in several (heraldic) colors.  Purchased at my local JoAnn's.  It's definitely not thick enough to be buttonhole twist, although that would definitely be fun to play with!
Do you have a good source for the Pearsall's? I've not heard of them....
--Sue