[HNW] silk thread/floss question

Robin Berry baroness.sabrina at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 14:49:29 PDT 2007

Pearsalls floss is great for blackwork. Its smoothness and sheen make for
lovely work on 36 or even 28 count with a single thread. I purchase mine
from Needle in a Haystack (needlestack.com).

Gutterman is sewing thread and wonderful for that and couching goldwork.

Other threads I like for blackwork:
Kreinik - silk bella
Au Ver Soie - 100/3 (also use this for couching goldwork)
Splendor - for teaching only. I find it a bit fuzzy frequently.
Eterna - a bit fine so only for 36 plus
Leon Conrad's range of threads - great for doing his designs when you want
different thicknesses within a design.

-- my 2 cents--
Sabrina de la Bere
(http://broider-baroness.blogspot.com)