[HNW] could use some advice

Jo Anne Fatherly joanne at jafath.com
Mon Aug 6 19:54:37 PDT 2007

At 01:56 PM 8/6/2007, you wrote:
>I could use some advice. I'm pondering the purchase of a pricey floor frame
>for large needlepoint projects. I don't need this frame to look historic,
>since it's main use will be at home.

I can't help with the "fit under my chair" part, but when I've used
an oversize frame (usually artist's stretcher bars) I lean it on the
back of a dining-room chair. This has the added advantage, if you
choose the right chair, that you can prop your feet up on a rung. It
is my opinion that if you stitch tightly you don't want to use a
roller frame, anyway. It's much easier to get even tension all around
with stretchers. A friend of mine who did a rug ended up stretching
it on a frame of 2x4s to keep it firm -- but I think that's a tad
excessive <g> -- the wide stretchers will stand up to a lot.

Johanna