[HNW] could use some advice

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 10 06:11:04 PDT 2007

 < I lean it on the  back of a dining-room chair. This has the added
advantage, if you  choose the right chair, that you can prop your feet up on
a rung.>

This doesn't quite fit in with my lifestyle, nor when I'm exhausted or in
pain and really need to sit back while I do needlework of any kind.

< It  is my opinion that if you stitch tightly you don't want to use a
roller frame, anyway. It's much easier to get even tension all around  with
stretchers.>

I've not had much of a problem with using roller frames for the smaller
projects -- it's the ones over 24" wide that tend to pull. Besides, I can't
quite see myself (even with my long arms) reaching the center of such large
projects if they are on stretchers.

So0meone off list recommened cruising Ebay. Duh! Why didn't I think of that?

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"