[HNW] 1597 Sibmacher

snspies at aol.com snspies at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 11:54:52 PDT 2007

I'm sorry, but unless this requirement is new in the last couple of years, you do not need to file business forms and pay fees to your local government to set up a small business in order to obtain an ISBN from Bowker.? You do, however, need to have a publishing house name.

Nancy Spies

Arelate Studio

www.weavershand.com/ArelateStudio.html

First, the only place to get a US ISBN for your own publishing house is
R. R. Bowker.  They charge you through the nose. Just pay. They have the
US monopoly and there is nothing you can do about it.

You will also, BTW, first have to register a publishing house name; and
file the business forms and pay the fees your local government requires
to set up a small business.