[HNW] 1597 Sibmacher

SNSpies at aol.com SNSpies at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 11:30:43 PDT 2007

I would recommend talking with your tax  person before going to all the
trouble, which may, of course, be necessary, of  registering as a small business.
Some states may require it; others may  not.  You will always, of course, need
to report income and expenditures on  your yearly personal tax forms and pay
both state and federal taxes.

What I  said is that you need to go through the proper government
procedures to  set up any small business, including registering your
business name.  Bowker will not probably not check on whether you have
registered your  business, but various government entities eventually
will. They care,  because you will in most states owe sales taxes on
in-state sales, and you  will owe state and federal income taxes on the
income from your  business.  There are also sometimes city zoning issues
related to  your business location.

Nancy

Nancy  Spies
Arelate Studio