[HNW] Printing, etc.

Kaitlan Roisendubh kaitlan_kiera at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 30 10:15:01 PDT 2007

I too use Lulu for my publishing needs.. I am an author and find this to be an inexpensive way to do it and they have options for ISBN and other things.  This way you are in charge and still own the book which is great.

  Kaitlan Roisendubh

Juliann <juliann at juliann.net> wrote:
  I'm sorry to have this as my first post to this list, but I'm afraid
I am not understanding why getting something printed/done up for a
small run for people within the SCA has turned into setting up a
small publishing company and all of its legalities etc? Is there
something inherently undesirable about using Lulu.com for printing,
distribution, ISBN, etc? It has really changed the print-on-demand
industry for people who just want to "put something out there"
without being a vanity press (no author contributions are required
towards printing costs, although you do have to pay for an ISBN and
any optional extra services you may desire).

I can see that if one *wants* to set up a small publishing house that
is one thing, but if this discussion arose as I think it did over the
ISBN issue there are certainly other ways around that...Lulu isn't
alone any more but it comes highly recommended by a number of people
I know including some who work in book publishing.

--Brygyt

A Woman is a lot like a tea bag, You never know how strong She is until is in hot water...  Elenor Roosevelt

Want something new or different to read... Alexandra can now be ordered through Target.com

Enjoy history or the middle ages... check out www.sca.org for great family times.