[HNW] Oxburgh snails

Susan B. Farmer sfarmer at goldsword.com
Thu Jun 14 15:42:52 PDT 2007

Quoting SNSpies at aol.com:

> You can see the snail in black-and-white on page 116 of "The Needlework of
> Mary Queen of Scots" by Margaret Swain (1986, ISBN 0-903585-22-7)  There  are
> trees-in-octagons on pages 108 (palm) and 109 (chestnut?).

nods.  That's the one.  I really want to see a color image of that!
The tree that I"m interested in is on page 104 just to the left of the
center emblem.  I really want a large one of it!

Thanks for the other references.  I'm supposed to have a copy of
Santina Levy's book coming.

I didn't know but what folks had photos that they might have taken in
person ...

Susan
-----
Susan Farmer