[HNW] Oxburgh snails

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 17:23:49 PDT 2007

I just checked my copy of Digby and of the few plates in color, the
ones you're looking for are not in there.  There are a few of the
other images there in black and white.

sorry
alex

On 6/14/07, Susan B. Farmer <sfarmer at goldsword.com> wrote:
> Quoting FaCS <littlefallsteacher at frontiernet.net>:
>
> > There are about 6 pages of them in  The Victoria & Albert Museum's
> > Textile Collection" Embroidery in Britain from 1200 to 1750, There are
> > several in Elizabethan Embroidery by Digby, and I think I remember a
> > couple in Schuette's Pictorial History of Embroidery.
>
> I wish I had Digby to check.  I've looked in the others.  Thanks, though!
>
> susan
> -----
> Susan Farmer
> sfarmer at goldsword.com
> University of Tennessee
> Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology

I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or
with finesse, or expediently
-- but I will handle it.