[HNW] whatever happened to this project?

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 21 13:47:39 PDT 2007

Some years back I was on Compuserve. Someone in the History Forum (section
on costume and needlework) mentioned a very exciting project. It was
concerning a copy some institution had of a Thomas Trevelyn OR a John
Overton book of needlework designs. I'm not sure if it was an original 16th
or early 17th century book, or if someone was working from a Victorian
facsimile. After all, I have personal knowledge of some older book reprinted
from supposedly original plates done in the 1870's and 1880s.

I think the book was being restored, and modern facsimiles were being
thought of once the book was restored. This is all I can remember.

IIRC, this was being done in the Virginia/DC/Maryland  area.

Can anyone else remember this project? I swear I'm not making this up - it's
been about 10 years, though!

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries, too little time"