[HNW] whatever happened to this project?

Susan B. Farmer sfarmer at goldsword.com
Thu Jun 21 14:09:01 PDT 2007

Quoting Kathryn Newell <cknewell at earthlink.net>:

> Some years back I was on Compuserve. Someone in the History Forum (section
> on costume and needlework) mentioned a very exciting project. It was
> concerning a copy some institution had of a Thomas Trevelyn OR a John
> Overton book of needlework designs. I'm not sure if it was an original 16th
> or early 17th century book, or if someone was working from a Victorian
> facsimile. After all, I have personal knowledge of some older book reprinted
> from supposedly original plates done in the 1870's and 1880s.
>
> I think the book was being restored, and modern facsimiles were being
> thought of once the book was restored. This is all I can remember.
>
> IIRC, this was being done in the Virginia/DC/Maryland  area.
>
> Can anyone else remember this project? I swear I'm not making this up - it's
> been about 10 years, though!

It was being done through the Folger Museum in DC -- and it's *very*
expensive at 750.00

http://www.folger.edu/store/site/product.cfm?id=C1199FA5-3473-0E4E-CE3B1878F82BB200
or
http://tinyurl.com/2zp4c7

I wants one.  Somebody I "know" has one -- can't remember if it's Lynn
Skinner of Jane of Stockton.

susan/ jerusha
-----
Susan Farmer