[HNW] A Pictorial History of Embroidery

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Wed Jun 27 22:53:01 PDT 2007

No, I'm not confirming anything.  I'm dreaming and answering the snide that
someone on one of the other costuming lists comes up with whenever one of us
mentions Xerox copies or making books available via CD and scanner.  The
Pictorial History book is still under copyright and will be for my lifetime
and yours thanks to the Mickey Mouse laws that Disney Company bought from
Congress.  The big 2 Volume set however will come out from copyright next
year and then it is fair game in the US at least.  The only way to copy that
sucker is going to be digital camera and a tripod.

I have never made a copy of a book if I could buy the original.  I re-buy
immediately if one becomes available at a price I can afford (Inventories of
Henry VIII comes immediately to mind.  David Brown has it back on sale.  No
pictures, but quite a bit of verbal description of needle worked items.

Regina

On Behalf Of Katherine