[HNW] Enough already! (was Re: Pictorial History of Embroidery)

Dawn Jacobson needlework.dtjacobson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 15:27:09 PDT 2007

OK, enough already! It seems this issue comes up about every 6 months or so.

Criminy, Fran, take a chill pill already! You state that you don't pay
attention when people use the "rude," label, but I'm telling you: Your
written voice is extremely bitchy and out-of-line, and reflects badly on
Lavolta Press. Even if, as a poster, you don't care what people think, you
should as a businesswoman because you're hurting your company's image.

Yes, we're all aware that it's illegal, immoral, and probably fattening to
make a xerox copy of nearly anything. However, just because a book goes out
of print doesn't mean that the information isn't still needed/valued, and
people are going to do what it takes to get the information. In some cases,
that's searching the world for a used copy; in other cases, it means
standing at the xerox machine, copying the parts (and sometimes it's the
whole book) that are needed. It happens, and your bitching at everybody
about it just takes up bandwidth.

Now, can we get back to historical needlework techniques?

Thanks!

Dawn Jacobson
http://dtjacobson.blogspot.com/