[HNW] Transfer methods in the 14th century

Holly Compton widowelspet at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 30 21:37:38 PDT 2007

Does anyone have any sources of documentation for transfer methods in the 14th century?
  I have read Cennini on the topic.  I took some photos at the V&A that show clearly that the design was drawn or painted on the fabric.
  I am looking for references to determine brush or quill and type of ink.
  Also.  If you have used a period method of brush or quill, I would be interested in knowing what you did and if the results were successful.

  Thanks,
  Holly