[HNW] embroidered pillow information needed

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 07:33:04 PST 2007

I made a nice viking six board box that I use as a seat and to store my things in at events.  However, it gets rather hard after sitting on it all day.  Consequently, I am making a cushion for it.  I am using cotton tone on tone jacarard (sp?) fabric and cotton embroidery floss because I want to be able to wash it when it gets dirty.  I have embroidered a nice heraldic lion on it and am ready to assemble the cushion.  I am in need of remedial costuming help.  Someone told me that the cushion in period (late 13th century on up) would have piping on the seams and tassles.  I have no idea where to look to find information on this sort of thing.  Can someone please put me out of my misery and point me in the right direction.  Many thanks.
Lady Stephanie Lilburn
aka Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
Hunt County, Texas
Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
K5AMK