[HNW] embroidered pillow information needed

G.Vinje g.vinje at drakt.org
Mon Nov 5 07:29:34 PST 2007

On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 16:33:04 +0100, lambdakennels1 at juno.com
<lambdakennels1 at juno.com> wrote:
  I have no idea where to look to find information on this sort
> of thing.  Can someone please put me out of my misery and point me in
> the right direction.

R.Wymarcs "a stitch out of time" is a good starting place.
Pdf ; http://home.earthlink.net/~wymarc3/wymarc1.pdf
Or look at on website;
http://home.earthlink.net/~wymarc/asoot/stitch/cover.htm

There are a lot of books with a little info about medieval embroidery and
one with a lot;
Embroiderers (Medieval Craftsmen) (Paperback)
by Kay Staniland
http://www.amazon.com/Embroiderers-Medieval-Craftsmen-Kay-Staniland/dp/0802069150
I can't offhand remember if it covers much about embellishment, but it
covers a lot of medieval embroidery.
:-)

Gunvor

--
"Jeg har sagt ja ognei og DA får du lov"
Anders (nesten 4 år)