[HNW] embroidered pillow information needed

lambdakennels1 at juno.com lambdakennels1 at juno.com
Mon Nov 5 09:16:57 PST 2007

Right now I need historical/documentation help.  Once i figure out what the correct historical thing is, then I may need technical help to effect it.
Lady Stephanie

Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
Hunt County, Texas
Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
K5AMK

-- "Alexandria Doyle" <garbaholic at gmail.com> wrote:
Do you need technique help or historical/documentation help?  The
information probably won't be in the same place.

alex

On Nov 5, 2007 9:33 AM, lambdakennels1 at juno.com <lambdakennels1 at juno.com> wrote:

> I made a nice viking six board box that I use as a seat and to store my
> things in at events.  However, it gets rather hard after sitting on it all
> day.  Consequently, I am making a cushion for it.  I am using cotton tone on
> tone jacarard (sp?) fabric and cotton embroidery floss because I want to be
> able to wash it when it gets dirty.  I have embroidered a nice heraldic lion
> on it and am ready to assemble the cushion.  I am in need of remedial
> costuming help.  Someone told me that the cushion in period (late 13th
> century on up) would have piping on the seams and tassles.  I have no idea
> where to look to find information on this sort of thing.  Can someone please
> put me out of my misery and point me in the right direction.  Many thanks.
>
> Lady Stephanie Lilburn
> aka Stephanie Smith, Ph.D
> Hunt County, Texas
> Owned by a Poodle and an Australian Cattle Dog
> K5AMK

I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or
with finesse, or expediently
-- but I will handle it.