[HNW] reference question

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:14:46 PST 2007

Not exactly medieval, but there's the appliqué panels at Hardwick
hall, and in the 16th century there were emblem books that covered the
subjects.

alex

On Oct 25, 2007 9:59 AM, Carol Thomas <scbooks at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Because I sell books, I often get asked how to find specific
> information.  This one has me stumped.
>
> A quilter in Caid is looking for images of the medieval vices and virtues.
>
> Do you know of a source to find images of these?
>
> Kindness
> Abstinence
> Chastity
> Patience
> Liberality
> Diligence
> Humility
>
> Envy
> Gluttony
> Lust
> Anger
> Greed
> Sloth
> Pride

I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or
with finesse, or expediently
-- but I will handle it.