[HNW] gold thread embroidery

Satine De La Courcel ladysatinedelacourcel at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:55:38 PST 2007

I have used the Metalic gold thread DMC variety,  Tends to Fray badly no matter how you wax it .. The Krenik stuff is a bit better, I have had some luck with and can be machine washed..

I have also used some imitation gold metal threads  from Japanese embrodery center

http://www.japaneseembroidery.com/

Does not take much to Kink it.   Be sure to get lots of practice before hand IMO it saved me for project I did for a friend.  Not sure how The Imitation or real gold woudl hold up for lots of Satin stitch.. I would be affraid of snaging too much....   they also have the Real gold metal thread that has  2% real gold in it that will tarnish over time and it can get pretty pricey pretty quickly... I am sure that will kink a lot as well it is a metal thread after all...

But for the Metal theread emboidery Center they have the best prices for quantity I can find thus far...

None of it is exceptionally difficult, only  very time consuming.

that is my 2 cents..

good luck!

Cheers
Satine