[HNW] Pictures from Germany

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 12 05:34:50 PST 2007

Wanda:

< I used my 20 year old Pentax with 1600 ASA film in the German museums.
<snip>   The photos came out very well.  Some of them actually allowed me to
see detail that I couldn't see with my bare eyes.  I didn't find the film
gave grainy pictures either.>

Back when I was single (and had money)  I used to visit London. I purchased
a Pentex ME before my first trip in 1980. I bought ASA 1000, which was the
fastest film at that time. No tripod -- I didn't want to drag it around. I
would brace myself on a wall, take a deep breath, and try not to move. My
photos (which I still have) from the 1980's with that high speed film do
show as grainy. I managed to get some good shots at theV&A, including the
study room. I also used it in at the Costume Museum in Bath.

My camera broke during my last visit to England (our honeymoon in 1991). I
never replaced it. It's nice to know that film comes as fast as ASA 1600.

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn
"too many centuries...too little time"