[HNW] sweaters

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 15 17:13:54 PST 2007

I'd always understood that it was an undershirt she was working
on.  If anyone wants to email me off list, I have an image of the
painting.  My notes on it say: The Madonna Knitting
Christ's Seamless Garment
by Meister Bertram von Minden
(1345~1415), the earliest known
illustration of a knitted garment