[HNW] Elizabethan series

Julie jtknits at jtknits.cts.com
Mon Oct 1 14:44:53 PDT 2007

I'm not sure these can be called stumpwork, although it's certainly the precursor to the 17th century needleart called stumpwork.  If I understand the definition correctly, stumpwork is much more 3D.  The items in the Elizabethan series look like others I've seen from the V&A museum from pre 1600 - no separate wired petals, just stuffed raised work. (and very cool)
Julie