[HNW] Elizabethan series

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 06:40:33 PDT 2007

I can vouch for this one, aside from others that have observed and
studied the actual articles, you can see in person many of the pieces
are cross-stitch.  The larger squares are roughly 14 count and the
finer center piece is about 28 count.

I believe that someone else submitted a request to the V&A to
reevaluate the technique, which has been done and they have concurred
that the pieces are cross-stitch.

alex

On 10/2/07, Marmaeve <marmaeve at aros.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Really, all of my research says that it's not crosstich. Where did you find
> the reference and could you send it? I can't wait to show it to Bonnie who
> has a real bee about Bess and Mary and the hangings.
>
> All of my pictures, blown up only show one direction in stitch, not two. Is
> this the often refernced half cross stitch?
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Regards,
> Marmaeve

I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or
with finesse, or expediently
-- but I will handle it.