[HNW] HNW Flowers of the needle

kbsalazar kbsalazar at comcast.net
Tue Oct 9 14:03:15 PDT 2007

<snip>
> Caryl and List:
>
> < The only qualm I have about this is that it sounds awfully like "A New
> Carolingian Modelbook"?>
>
> Only that they both have "New" in the title. The original Italian pattern
> books have a lot of titles starting with "New", including the ever popular
> "Opera Nuovo" (New Work)!!  I actually don't think that "The New Exemplar"
> and "The New Carolingia..." sound that close. YMMV.

<snip>

I've got no objections.  :)

As Kathryn points out, there are lots of historical pattern books with
titles that contain "new".  In some cases among the historical
needlework books it's especially amusing to see that label on works that
contain a large proportion of recycled material - either from the
publisher's own earlier works, printed from blocks obtained in trade, or
flat out duplicated from some other printer's products.

In this case, "new" is a perfectly justified and appropriate
appellation.  Right up there with "long awaited" and "celebrated."

Go for it, Kathryn!

Ianthé (New Carolingian Modelbook)
mka Kim Salazar
kbsalazar at comcast.net