[HNW] HNW Flowers of the needle

Hanson, Carol CHANSON at PARTNERS.ORG
Tue Oct 9 14:18:04 PDT 2007

Ah, to be quite clear, my qualm wasn't a question of theft at all, merely a
quiet concern if they would be too quickly confused, to which no one else
objects so I will quell my qualm without feeling the least querulous about it.
:-)

- Carol Hanson/Caryl de Trecesson
  (please excuse the auto-generated privacy statement, I can't turn it off)

-----Original Message-----
From: h-needlework-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:h-needlework-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of kbsalazar
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 5:03 PM
To: h-needlework at lists.ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: [HNW] HNW Flowers of the needle

<snip>
> Caryl and List:
>
> < The only qualm I have about this is that it sounds awfully like "A New
> Carolingian Modelbook"?>
>
> Only that they both have "New" in the title. The original Italian pattern
> books have a lot of titles starting with "New", including the ever popular
> "Opera Nuovo" (New Work)!!  I actually don't think that "The New Exemplar"
> and "The New Carolingia..." sound that close. YMMV.

<snip>

I've got no objections.  :)

As Kathryn points out, there are lots of historical pattern books with
titles that contain "new".  In some cases among the historical
needlework books it's especially amusing to see that label on works that
contain a large proportion of recycled material - either from the
publisher's own earlier works, printed from blocks obtained in trade, or
flat out duplicated from some other printer's products.

In this case, "new" is a perfectly justified and appropriate
appellation.  Right up there with "long awaited" and "celebrated."

Go for it, Kathryn!

Ianthé (New Carolingian Modelbook)
mka Kim Salazar
kbsalazar at comcast.net
http://www.wiseneedle.com

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and properly dispose of this information.