[HNW] last vote for title!

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 10 21:35:01 PDT 2007

Firstly, I feel so stupid that I couldn't come up with a winning title for
my own book. <sheepish look>

Next: Honorable Mentions

"The New Exemplar" (thanks, Carllein!)
"A Cabinet of Gems: Sundry Jewels for the Needle" (thanks, Ianté)

These are wonderful titles-- I may replace "The Goodwyn Miscellany" with one
of them.  It's just that I really wanted a flower/garden theme for the
title, since the patterns are all from "Flowers of the Needle"

While I really like "A Flower Garden for the Needle" (and it got a few
votes, off list) it sounds much too similar to "Flowers of the Needle".
Derivative is fine, but this sounds *too* similar.

I'm stuck at these two:

"A Garden of Delights for the Needle: Charted Embroidery Patterns 1530-1567"

OR

"A Garden for the Needle: Charted Embroidery Patterns 1530-1567"

I realize these are very close, too. "A Garden of Delights for the Needle"
seemed to tie with "A Flower Garden for the Needle" in votes.

I prefer "A Garden of Delights for the Needle" myself, but worry it's  too
wordy??

Any votes, opions, etc?

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodyn