[HNW] "Knitting America" book

Kathryn Newell cknewell at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 29 08:09:11 PDT 2007

I just had a chance to see this  marvelous book about a week ago at a
Border's book store. Now I just don't like to pay full price, so I went onto
my favorite book website:

www.BestBookDeal.com

I see that Amazon.com has it for a total of $23.21 (this includes s&h).
Overstock (where I tend to buy most of my knitting and other books) has it
for a total of $24.90 (inc. s&h).

I found this to be a lovely book. I flipped through it and was immpressed
with all the graphics. There are tons of photos, diagrams, and even some
knitting patterns. I didn't see how early the knitting patterns started, but
I noticed some World War I soldier patterns. This is not the scholarly book
that Anne McDonald wrote, but it's  a grand social history of knitting as
well as eye candy. I'm going to treat myself to it as a birthday present
(December).

Just FYI everyone.

--Kathryn
SCA: Kathryn Goodwyn'