[HNW] Linen versus Silk

Frank A Thallas Jr fathallas at collinscom.net
Sun Mar 2 14:31:15 PST 2008

  I've only seen photos, mind, but it appears to me that most (blackworked)
garments were done on not-really-evenweave linen - length of stitches could
just have been "eyeballed", or stitch length could be adjusted according to
actual thread count. Mileage for other techniques may vary, though....

  Liadain
Also voting for linen

THL Liadain ni Mhordha OFO
wildernesse, the Outlands