[HNW] Linen then, and it's not meant to be a coif

Carol Thomas scbooks at mindspring.com
Mon Mar 3 06:15:49 PST 2008

Sounds as though it will be lovely.  Hope you will share a picture
when you're done.

I don't think you confused anyone.  I referred to blackwork because
you'd mentioned evenweave linen, which was not always used back then,
even for counted work.  Evenweave would probably be an unnecessary
expense for a project like yours.

The V&A has a jacket in a style similar to the coif.  Am blanked on
the name of it - Layton??  Anyway, it is lovely, and may provide
further inspiration.

Carllein