[HNW] linen, then

Velvet Claw a_velvet_claw at yahoo.com.au
Tue Mar 4 16:36:28 PST 2008

Lauren suggested that I used tight weave tabby weave linen, so I thought
that I'd go with that - go with the most forgiving material since I'll
be on a learning curve. And these two mails (from Amytis and Sabina)
back up this decision because the piece will be heavily embroidered and
therefore support problems could be a reality if I used silk.

Thankyou for the references, Sabina.

I'll raise you

http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/MI02343a08a.jpg

and

http://heritageshoppe.com/heritage/essays/stumpwork.html

I hope the formatting works ok on these links - they are pasted from a
heavily formatted word document. Only the Meridies-MEG message is
actually helpful. The first link is a picture that I love (a stumpwork
dragon) and the third an article trying to sort out the usage of
'stumpwork, raised work, embossed work, embroidery on the stamp"

regards,

Megan/Elmsley Rose