[HNW] stumpwork dragon

Allison263 at aol.com Allison263 at aol.com
Wed Mar 5 08:56:57 PST 2008

In a message dated 3/4/08 6:36:53 PM, a_velvet_claw at yahoo.com.au writes:

> http://www.bildindex.de/bilder/MI02343a08a.jpg

This is actually the Badge of the Order of the Dragon, a small color image of
it can be seen in Staniland's "Embroiderers" book. It's worked in polychrome
or nue and padded/raised, with the couching stitches accenting the shadows and
contours of the padding that creates the dragon's body. And it's HUGE. I saw
it as part of a museum exhibit a couple of years ago, and we estimated that it
was about 20-24 inches across It's a really remarkable piece.

Gabrielle

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms, and advice on AOL Money &
Finance.
      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolprf00030000000001)