[HNW] In defense of Staniland

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:51:18 PDT 2008

All that you say of the content is true, I do not dispute that.  I
think the point that perhaps you missed was that the discuss was about
technique and late Elizabethan/Stuart embroidery.  If that is your
focus, then this book is not one I'd recommend as a PURCHASE, but one
to READ AND RETURN to the library.

The value of the book really depends on if that is your focus.  Not
everyone wants to know the whys and wherefores and how did we get to
this point.

alex

--
"I'm buying this fabric/book now in case I have an emergency...you
know, having to suddenly make presents for everyone, sickness,flood,